Pregnant Again After Getting Pregnant Outside the Womb

Pregnancy outside the womb in medical science is called ectopic pregnancy. This condition occurs when the fertilized egg grows in the wrong place. Naturally in order to develop into a perfect fetus, the egg must be in the uterus. But the egg actually grows outside the uterus such as in the fallopian tubes, abdominal cavity, ovaries or cervix.

Pregnancy outside the womb can be caused by inflammation of the oviduct or fallopian tubes, infection of the uterus, or pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea. Caesarean sections and surgery on organs around the uterus can also lead to pregnancy outside the womb. Although rare, pregnancies that occur in women who use contraceptives in the womb have a risk of becoming pregnant outside the womb.

If you have experienced pregnancy outside the womb and have the above conditions, you should check yourself to reduce the risk of re-exposure to ectopic pregnancy.

Risks and Effects of Pregnancy Outside the Womb On Fertility

Sad, disappointed, depressed you must feel when you have to lose the fetus due to this condition. The question is whether getting pregnant outside the womb can be repeated in the next pregnancy? Can your chances of becoming a mother be lost because you’ve had an ectopic pregnancy?

Pregnancy outside the womb or ectopic pregnancy does have an effect on fertility and affects the chances of getting pregnant again. The condition also increases the risk of re-occurrence of ectopic pregnancies in subsequent pregnancies. In ectopic pregnancies where the fetus grows in the fallopian tubes and damages surrounding fallopian tissue, the egg may re-become stuck in the fallopian tubes in subsequent pregnancies.

There are several factors that affect your fertility after an ectopic pregnancy, including:

  • Your other fallopian tube condition post-ectopic pregnancy.
  • The extent of damage to your fallopian tubes after pregnancy outside the womb.
  • There is no history of infertility.

However, early detection is key to avoiding damage to your other fallopian tubes. As long as one of your fallopian tubes is still in good condition, then you still have a chance to get pregnant.

If you have ever been pregnant outside the womb, your risk of re-having an ectopic pregnancy is 10 percent. That means your chances of getting a normal pregnancy in your next pregnancy are 90 percent. Therefore, you don’t have to worry too much.

Planning a Post-Pregnancy Pregnancy Outside the Womb

If you look psychologically, the right time to start a pregnancy program after pregnancy outside the womb, can not be equated. After losing the fetus, surely one’s soul will be shaken. Most women are also afraid to try to get pregnant again because an ectopic pregnancy is such a sad experience. However, try to live a healthy lifestyle, as well as avoid smoking and alcoholic beverages, during these recovery periods.

Try asking yourself. How ready are you to get pregnant again. When you feel ready to start a pregnancy program, you can discuss it with your obstetrician.

Despite the psychological problems, usually the doctor has allowed you to start the program to get pregnant again after at least three months. Especially if the previous ectopic pregnancy is treated with laparoscopic surgery.

The same applies to those of you who get methotrexate injections in ectopic pregnancy treatment. Wait for a minimum of three months or until your hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels are below 5 mlU/mL. Your doctor will monitor your hCG levels through a blood test. Injections of this methotrexate can lower levels of folic acid in the body, whereas folic acid plays an important role in the development of the baby. That is why, you are advised to take folic acid supplements before starting the pregnancy program.

However, if you have surgery as a treatment for an ectopic pregnancy beforehand, then the best time to start the pregnancy program is six months after.

Chances of Getting Pregnant Again After Pregnancy Outside the Womb

Once ready, both physically and psychologically, you can start a pregnancy program. You certainly hope that the doctor will soon declare you positively pregnant. But this is when your patience is tested. There is no exact time as to when the next pregnancy could occur.

There are women who get pregnant quickly, but some are slow. Depending on the condition of each, for example the condition of the tuba. If your fallopian tubes have been damaged, then your chances of getting pregnant will decrease. However, if you have healthy tubal residues, your chances of getting pregnant also increase. In addition, age factors and intensity of sexual intercourse are also influential.

Having regular sexual intercourse at the right time can maximize the chances of getting pregnant. The best advice is to have sex between the 10th and 16th days before the next menstrual cycle begins.

If you have tried but still have difficulty getting pregnant after experiencing pregnancy outside the womb, you may be able to consult a doctor about the IVF program.

Instill in yourself to always think positively. Although it sounds clichéd, it can affect the way the body works as a whole. Having safe sex and checking your health condition regularly are important steps to reduce the risk of getting pregnant outside the womb.

Cause of Premature Birth When Pregnant Twins

Preterm birth may occur when the pregnancy has not entered the age of 37 weeks or more than 3 weeks of the lack of due date of birth. Babies born prematurely are known to be susceptible to a variety of serious health problems when compared to babies born in accordance with the schedule of his birth.

Up to now there are some cases of premature birth which is not yet clear what is the cause. Some maternal and child health experts argue that there are several factors and health problems that can lead to premature birth, especially in pregnancy with twins.

Cause Premature Birth on Twins

Perhaps many of the mothers who often wonder why the pregnancy twins always are associated with premature birth. Here are some of the factors that cause premature birth on the birth of twins.

Attitude and Lifestyle during Pregnancy

Attitude and lifestyle is a risk factor for preterm birth. To avoid the premature birth, the mother had to organize the attitude and style of everyday life during pregnancy. Eat nutritious foods every day, regular exercise and enough rest so that the health and development of the fetus in the womb to grow well.

Sense of Worry

Mother may often hear that pregnancy with twins have a risk of interruption of pregnancy is greater when compared with the pregnancy of the child. However, even so mothers do not need to worry about this. Stay calm and do not panic twins undergo pregnancy to avoid premature delivery.

Sharing Placenta

Pregnancy with twins are divided into two types of pregnancies has two placenta for each baby and pregnancy that has just one placenta for two babies. If the mother become pregnant with twins who entered in the second type which has only one placenta, the mother should give more attention and so extra during pregnancy.